Last updated: 16 February 2017
It is our policy to comply with the requirements of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). By providing your personal data to us, you agree to the collection, use, disclosure, retention and removal of your personal data in the manner described in this policy.
We may amend this policy from time to time. The “Last updated” legend at the top of this policy indicates when this policy was last revised. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this policy as updated from time to time. We encourage you to check the latest version of this policy regularly.
Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. Examples of such personal data may include, but are not limited to
- your name, email address, mobile number and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, in other forms of interaction with you, or by a referral from an existing client or a member of our website;
- information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website.
Purposes For Collection, Use And Disclosure Of Personal Data
The personal data you provide us helps to maintain our relationship with you. We collect your personal data for the following purposes, which include but are not limited to
- validate and administer your membership;
- respond to your queries and feedback;
- send you updates on the latest market trends and promotions;
- carry out market research and surveys;
- provide goods and services to you;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- other purposes for which we have obtained your consent.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will not sell or license your personal data to third parties;
- We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless your consent has been given, or in situations set out in this policy;
- We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers, agents and/or contractors (sited locally or outside of Singapore) who perform functions on our behalf or provide operational services which include but are not limited to hosting, maintenance, analysis and electronic communications. We will do so when we are satisfied that the third party service providers, agents and/or contractors adopt the same or similar (in cases where they are sited outside of Singapore) standard of protection under the PDPA;
- We will disclose your personal data as required under the current legislation to law enforcement agencies and/or government authorities/regulators;
- Our website may contain functionalities that share your personal data with other members of our website. You shall be deemed to have provided consent for any sharing of your personal data if you enable or utilize those functionalities.
Retention Of Personal Data
Personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or relevant for business or legal purposes.
Request For Access, Correction And/Or Withdrawal Of Personal Data
Request must be done in writing using your registered email with us to . In the interest of your privacy, you may need to provide additional information for verification purpose to ensure you are the rightful person making the request. Upon your written request to
- access your personal data, we will provide you with the relevant personal data within 30 days. If the request requires more time, we will inform you by writing.
- correct your personal data, we will perform verifications where necessary and process your requests within 30 days. If the request requires more time, we will inform you by writing.
- withdraw your consent, we will process your request within 30 days. If the request requires more time, we will inform you by writing. Please note that such request may adversely impact or terminate our services to you. We will cease to collect, use or disclose the personal data unless otherwise permitted or required by the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations.
Where permitted by law, we may charge you an administrative fee for responding to your request. We will inform you of the amount in advance and respond to your request after payment is received.
Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies allows
- you to access authorized contents and/or features of our website;
- us to analyze and enhance your online experience based on how you use our website;
- the server to deliver a page tailored for you;
- the server to deliver advertisements that are relevant to your interests.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies while browsing our website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. Please note that this may adversely impact your online experience of our website.
Links To Third Party Websites
This website may contain links to third party websites which are not controlled and maintained by us. Such third party websites are subjected to their own policy and are not covered by this policy. You need to understand their policy before disclosing any personal data. We are not responsible for any personal data you may have disclosed to the third party websites.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data you have provided is protected against unauthorized or unintended use, access or disclosure. However, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.